Yes, all our products are made in our shop in Douglasville, GA. with premium American clay.
Make your own Pottery FAQ
Are your products made in America?
Do your products contain lead or cadmium?
No, we don't use any lead or cadmium in any of our glazes.
Are your products dishwasher safe?
As with any fine handmade item, hand washing is recommended! However, we do know customers that frequently place their pottery in dishwashers. If you want to, it's up to you.
Dishwashers also cause a common problem of chipping from glazed surfaces knocking against each other.
Are your products oven/microwave safe?
Yes, you can use any of our products in an oven or microwave but please remember these simple guidelines when doing so.
- Our pottery is ceramic earthenware. It is porous and it will trap moisture. Therefore, extreme care should be taken as the pottery can get VERY HOT and will stay hotter for longer.
- Allow pottery to heat up gradually i.e. warm up prior to use, warm pieces to room temperature after removing from the refrigerator, don't place cold wares in hot water.
- Allow hot pottery to cool down slowly i.e. don't place hot wares in cold water.
- If using in an oven, do not heat up the oven and place a cold piece of ware into it. Allow the ware to gradually heat up with the oven.
How long do your products take to ship?
- All our products are made to order specially for you. They take up to two weeks to ship. If you need us to put a rush on your order please let us know and we'll do our best so you can get it on time.
Are your pieces handmade?
Yes, all our items are handmade in a pottery wheel and later hand painted and glazed.
Do you take custom orders?
We love creating pieces for our customers. Please contact us with your idea and we'll try to make it happen
Make your own Pottery FAQ
Do I need to book?
Walk-ins are welcome, no need to book! If you have a large group (four or more people) and would like guaranteed seating you can reserve a table here.
How much does it cost to paint a piece?
Pottery costs between $16 and $75 per piece, with many of our customers' favorite pieces (like mugs, plates and animals) in the $25 to $35 range. Prices include the pottery pieces, use of our studio and supplies, glazing and firing.Text
How long does a painting session take?
Most people spend about 1½ hours at the studio. Plan on less time if you have young kids or are making a simple project, more time if you're with a large group or working on something with lots of detail.
When can I pick up my projects?
Your potttery is ready to pick up in about one week from the day you paint it. We will hold finished pieces for 30 days.
Is the pottery safe to use with food?
All pieces that are covered in clear glaze are are non-toxic and safe to use with food.
I'm not artistic at all! What can I do?
Not to worry! We have stamps, stickers, sponges, and stencils to help.
Can I bring in pottery I purchased somewhere else?
Unfortunately, due to quality issues we cannot glaze and fire pottery that was not purchased at our studio.
I have some of my own clay. Will you fire it for me?
We're sorry, we are unable to fire clay projects that were not created with the materials we provide. A kiln fire voucher will be needed for firing and Pottery to GO Kit.